1. My life lasts between 10 to 15 years. Every separation from you means suffering for me. Think about this before you decide whether or not to take me.
Give me time to understand what you are asking from me.
Install confidence in me - I thrive in it.
3. Donít be angry with me for long, and donít lock me up for punishment.
4. You have your work, your pleasure, your job - I only have you.
5. Talk often to me. Even if I donít understand the words, I do understand the tone of your voice.
6. Know that, no matter how Iím being treated, I shall never forget.
7. Keep in mind before you hit me, that my jaws could crush the knuckles of your hand with ease, but I donít make use of them.
8. Before you scold me when working with me, consider: perhaps I am uncomfortable from my least meal, perhaps I was in the sun too long, or perhaps I have a worn - out heart.
9. Take care of me when I am old; you too are going to be old one day.
Be with me when my going is rough. Everything is easier
when you are beside me.
From the Swiss Disaster Dog Association