City Cycling & Athletic Club
- About the club
- Established in 1891 in Cape Town as City Cycling & Athletic
Club. Yes the club did have a vibrant athletic section as well. Today the main
interest of the club is Cycling, but the athletics section will be reestablished if we get
any athletes into the club.
- The club caters for cyclists from all walks of life, with interest in all disciplines of
- Based at Green Point Stadium. (The City Council sadly has dug up parts of the cycling
track to enhance the athletics facilities, leaving us without our traditional 'home'
- The club is affiliated to the Western Province Cycling Association(WPCA) which is in
turn affiliated to the national body, The South African Cycling Federation(SACF). The SACF in turn is affiliated to the world cycling body, the
- Regular events are held. As a WPCA affiliated club, the club organises 2 road races and
2 track meets per year open to all SACF registered cyclists.
- Regular club races are held which are restricted to club members. There is a very
impressive collection of silverware for which club riders compete.
- Monthly meetings are held on the first Monday of every month.
Cyclists are encouraged to attend these meetings.
- The AGM is held on the first Monday in March each year. Members are encouraged to make
themselves available for selection for the numerous posts necessary to facilitate the
smooth running of the club.
- The executive committee comprises the following:
- Vice Chairman
- Club Captains, for Road and Track
- Club Coach
- 3 additional members
- As a means of keeping our cyclists informed of the happenings in cycling, a regular
monthly newsletter is posted to all members. Members are encouraged to contribute to the
newsletter. The newsletter will be made available here as well. Please send any
contributions for the newsletters to
- Joining fee: R150 (once off). Under 18s R50
- Yearly subs: R145 (payable on 1 January of
each year). Under 18s R65
- Family members:
- Joining fee per family: R180
- Yearly subs: Primary member R145;
secondary members R65
- Subscriptions are due on 1 January every year
- To compete in races organised by the WPCA affiliated clubs, cyclists need to license
with the SACF. The licence fees range from R120.00 to R150.00 per annum.
- A special concessionary licence, Cyclo Tourism licence is
available to cyclists registering for the first time. The cost is a nominal R50.00, but
can only be taken out once. Thereafter the cyclist needs to take out a full SACF licence.
This Cyclo Tourism licence allows the
licencee to compete in all events, except Provincial and National Championships.
Postal Address : P O Box 541, Sea Point, 8000
City Cycling Club(email@example.com)
- First set of club kit (racing jersey and
bib shorts/women's short): R250 (this is less than half the cost price)
Additional kit: R200 per item
- Long sleeve racing and training jerseys
(fleecy lined): R460 Padded casual jackets: R550 Gillets (sleeveless
- Armwarmers: R130
- Kit colours are red and black with our
sponsors logo CSC and City printed in white.
of Honour A brief history of the club
From the archives
Vets Tour 2004
UNCLE HARRY :
1 October 1910 – 12 August
It is with great regret that we have to inform you that
“Uncle” Harry Bairstow has passed away at the age of 94. Uncle Harry was a Life
President of City and City’s oldest member. His funeral took place on Tuesday 17
August at Plumstead Presbyterian Church, Victoria Road, Plumstead.
The 2004 Double Century
endurance team cycling event will take place on 28 November 2004. Ceres Cycling
Club will be hosting the event in conjunction with the Pedal Power Association
and the route will be the same as last year.Prize money will be awarded to the
first three teams over all as well as to the first ladies’ team.
Further details will be posted on the Pedal
Power website as soon as they are finalised.
News Flash November 2004
2004 SA Track Champs Results
2004 WPCA Road Calendar
GHSports are keen to sponsor
us in the form of discounts on clothing. Visit their site and see what they have to offer.
Cape Town Reeds
Car Rental offers excellent car rentals service and a wide range of rental cars
for hire. Reeds is the number one choice in car hire Cape Town.
Thanks for stopping by. You are visitor number :
Our Guestbook View
This page hosted by Newmax
Send mail to Webmaster with questions or
comments about this web site.